WOW + GESSO = MESSY PLAY!



Tonight I wanted to share with you all a couple of cards that I made.  I love getting messy and what better way than getting  gesso, glimmer mist and add it with WOW embossing powders and stamps  =  match made in heaven!  I had SO MUCH FUN! Heres what I did


I have used 2 of Suzy West Stamp Sets,  the Grateful Stamp Set and the Butterflies Set.  I love the butterfly set as it has a outline of a butterfly and then 5 inner pattern stamps so you can choose what you want to put in the centre, or leave it as an out line as I have in these 2 cards.



 For the Thank You So Very Much card I made my background by stamping the hollow butterfly with gesso, once the gesso was dried I cut out butterflies to cover what I did not want embossed.  I then stamped over the whole base with one of the stamps from the Grateful stamp set and embossed with WOW Bright White.  I coloured the centres of the butterflies with h2O paints and then highlighted the outlines of the butterflies with a white marker pen.  Added some embellishments and popped some diamanté on to finished it off. 


For this card I had lots of fun playing with gesso!  I spread it over my base and then stamped the hollow butterfly into it,  then let it dry over night.  If you have extra bits of card handy you can used the gesso on the stamp to stamp out lines in gesso as in the above card.  Once my background had fully dried I got some glimmer mists out and painted the butterflies,  added glossy accents to high light them.  You could use Clear Embossing Powder for this step but I chose to used glossy accents as I did not know if the gesso would bubble when I heated the embossing powders.  Once everything was dried I matted it and added it to a card.  And there you have it.  LOTS OF MESSY FUN!  Thanks for stopping by, Happy Scrappin Everyone  Donna xox 

Comments

Post a Comment