Back to Black

Hi Everyone

This month over at WOW is 'monochrome' month.  Here is my take:


I have used a sizzix tag and stamped vintage wallpaper on it in versamark then sprinkled it with bright white embossing powder and heat set then gone over it with black soot distress ink and rubbed off any excess with a paper towel.

I have then got a 2nd tag, using thinner card and stamped on one side the funky border in versamark then black ebony embossing powder, heat set.  On the other I have used direct to paper technique and gone over in black soot, then rubbed with a paper towel to get off the excess.

I have then taken the brocade background stamp and inked it up in versamark.  I have taken another background stamp french music and inked this up in black soot.  I have pressed the french music into the brocade stamp - called 'kissing effect' then stamped the brocade stamp onto the tag,  putting two impressions into the card.


I have then cut the tag and folded over part of it distress in the sides, and putting small brads in each end.  I have then stamped out a butterfly from build a butterfly, one layer on white card the other on acetate and sprinkled with ebony embossing powder and heat set.

The thank you comes from everyday sentiments and finishing off with pieces of ribbon, a metal sentiment - journey, and some peel off brads.

I have then glued one tag on top of the other.


For other ideas and inspiration, look at www.nwscrapbooking.blogspot.com

Take care, speak soon

Sue

Comments

  1. Loving the 'kissing effect' and the layers and layers - everything works sooo well together :

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag and I love that effect!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment