Glitter resist tutorial

Hello!  Jen Roach and today I have an embossing resist tutorial to share with you today using the WOW! Ultra Shimmer Embossing glitter and the Flowers backgrounder stamp.  So let's get started.....

First I printed out some dictionary text digital paper onto some cardstock and stamped the Flowers backgrounder onto it with Versamark ink.


Then I heat embossed with WOW! Ultra Shimmer Embossing glitter.


Next I took some Ranger Distress inks in blue and teal tones and applied all over the surface with a blending tool.  Start with the lighter tones and then apply the darker until you achieve the look you're going for.


Here's a close up of the finished image panel.  As you can see the glitter embossing powder works really well for the resist technique.


To create the finished card I trimmed my image panel, matted onto some white scalloped cardstock and then embellished with some lace, ribbon and flowers.


Supplies:
WOW! Embossing Powder:  WOW! Ultra Shimmer Embossing glitter.
WOW! Embossing Stamps:  Flowers Backgrounder
Papers:  My Mind's Eye, Georgia Pacific cardstock
Ink: Versamark (for embossing), Ranger Distress Inks
Accessories:  Prima flowers, decorate pins, white eyelet lace, silk ribbon, Prima pearls

Comments