Creating "Faux Glass" with Embossing Powder

Hi! It's Patti and I'm sharing a technique with you today that looks like old cracked glass!! It's really easy to do. I made this card with a sticker, but you can use vintage photos, old cards or anything to get the look!

All you need is your image and Wow Embossing Powder Clear Regular powder. Here is my finished card.


I started out by choosing some images, then decided which one I wanted to use.

I chose a large rose sticker, then just placed it on ivory cardstock. You don't want white, it looks too new!

Then, all you do is emboss three or four layers of the regular clear powder, letting cool between each layer. Then once finished, you just carefully bend and "crack" the image to get the desired look that you want!!! Don't bend too hard or it will crack too much and pieces will come off!!! But if you play around, it's really cool to do!!! I hope you give it a try!


Thank you so much for stopping by today! We really appreciate it, don't forget to check back to see what else the Design Team has to share with you!!!!!




Comments

  1. I love this technique - and you make it look fabulous! Time to buy some more clear embossing powder and then I need to find some time to play! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fanatstic creation!

    LG
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card, the effect of the crackle glass is gorgeous with this beautiful vintage image

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks like a fab technique - will try this xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I will have to try this technique and hope it turns out as well as yours! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment