The gift of time

Hi everyone, Nikki here. Today it's my turn to do the WOW! inspiration post.... this month our theme is TIME, so me to there was only one thing that I wanted to do... a clock....
I picked up a clock at a discount shop a while ago and I wanted to turn it into something a bit more special.
So this is what I came up with.......
 I used some of the WOW! resist paper instead of a photograph and then inked it match the embossing powders that I had chosen.
 To create the leaves in the background I used passion fruit and primary chartreuse.
For the edge of the quilled flowers I used primary purple orchid and for the butterflies I used frozen berries, calypso and orange fizz. These are all new colours and I think they are just stunning!!!
A must have to your embossing powder collection.
Here's a close up to show off some of the yummy sparkle...
 As a little extra I wanted to share with you another great way to use your embossing powders... You can use them to create wonderful splatter backing papers. These are just perfect for all your crafty projects....
Here is one I made yesterday when I was playing....
It gives a great splatter effect and because you use embossing powders, it's textural too...

 To create your splatter effect you will need a small dish, an old brush (an old toothbrush is great for this technique), some water and some embossing powders - I have used primary purple orchid and frozen berries here.
Add a little water to your dish - the more water you add the more subtle your finished splatter effect will be.
Give it a good stir to mix it all with your brush, by doing this you will load your brush really well.
Using your finger, run your finger across the brush head, This will cause the powder mix to spray across your project.
Turn you project throughout this technique to make sure you get an even cover.

We would love to see what you create on the theme of TIME..... get crafty and join in the fun....

Happy crafting
Nikki x

Comments

  1. So pretty and bright!!! Love those colors! And especially the tipped blooms!! Gorgeous project!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment