My Favorite...Ultra Shimmer!!!

Hi, Patti here with this month's theme "Favorite". I'm going to share my favorite technique using WOW. I absolutely LOVE how the Ultra Shimmer powder can be used to showcase and entire project base using an embossing folder. I chose one of my all time favs called "Passion" by Couture Creations. This technique also uses colored pencils or markers. You need to choose very light colors for the best look.



You also need a folder that has large enough details to color in the sections. Very small and very detailed folders won't work for this tecnhique. You can see the sections clearly in this folder.


I chose to use a pastel pink colored pencil with a few green leaves filled in. This is how it will look at this stage.

Next, I took a green ink pad and inked over the entire design.

This is how it will look. I then took the Ultra Shimmer powder for the next step.

Cover the entire surface with embossing ink and sprinkle it with the powder. Shake off excess and emboss.

It will look like this. The shimmer doesn't show that well in photos, but it really sparkles and shines! It's such a pretty look!

I put this on a 5x7 pink card base, added a sentiment and ribbon and that was it!!! A really pretty card that isn't hard to do!


I have a second project to share today, since this month we are featuring the De-Vine stamp and the Calypso powder! I chose to use the Calypso powder and stamp for a background on my card. 

I chose a lighter blue cardstock to emboss and then added a sentiment sticker, a few blooms and ribbon and it made a quick, but gorgeous card!!!! All sorts of color combinations can be used like this!!!! It's a really pretty look!


I hope you liked the projects that I have today! I urge you to try either or both!!! Thank you so much for stopping by today! And please check back to see what else we have in store for you!!!

WOW Products used:

Comments

  1. I love Wow embossing powders, great effect!!!
    Both of your creations are fantastic and I can see the shimmer on first one, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love stamped backgrounds and embossed too... so much more interesting than paper! Both cards are gorgeous and the shimmer is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the tuto, both cards are very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fanatastic, what a greta idea..love it!
    Thanks for that great inspiration

    LG
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you did this so inspiring :) hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment