Life's A Beach


Good morning crafty friends, I hope you're all well and getting very creative this month!

As this month's challenge is summer and I live on an island it seemed only natural that my inspiration card would feature sea and sand.

To create my beach scene I started off with a piece of pale blue card and a rubbed a Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad across the top several times. I then sprinkled WOW Peppermint Tea Powder and Under The Sea Glitter over the top, tapped off the excess and melted with a heat tool. I created the sand underneath using Gold Pearl Powder.


For the sea I ran a line of PVA glue in the middle of the sky and sand with my finger, sprinkled with Under The Sea Glitter and melted with a heat tool. For the waves I added small areas of PVA straight from the nib of the bottle when added Opaque White Powder.




The birds and sentiment I have used Opaque British Summer Powder which is one of my favourite new powders, great colour and great name!

Finally, I added beach inspired die-cuts, twine and porthole and inked and distressed the edges to add to the nautical feel.

I hope this has inspired you and I will look forward to seeing your summery makes,


Where to buy








Comments

  1. This is gorgeous Sarah with all that texture and added nautical embellishments. I really love to make sea related cards and that and flowers are my favourites. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pat, that's very kind if you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. I love how you created the scene in the porthole. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspiring card! Love the sea and you have really captured the essence!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great card and I love the color palette!

    ReplyDelete

  8. This information is really good. I like it. This is really beneficial CDR, essay, dissertation, case study. Your search is reliable then other Online platforms Thanks for sharing this valuable information. Such a great blog! I found your website perfect for my needs. It contains wonderful and helpful info. Keep up the good work.www.oysmarto.website straighttalkcustomerservicephone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, Love this card. I am going to try my hand at making one like this. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card, it makes me want to be at the beach. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh this is stunning with the color and the details and the papers! I love that it looks so lifelike and or realistic! Love all the blue hues!

    ReplyDelete
  12. On this subject internet page, you'll see my best information, be sure to look over this level of detail. https://igraphicbox.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment